(2016.03.03) Update ELI primer
- Section 4.3 is enhanced with more I/O support
- New topics include standard input, file handle, csv input and table output
(2015.08.10) ELI version 0.3
(2013.11.30) ELI version 0.2 is now released with the following new additions (for details see the revised Primer):
with this release ELI is essentially complete, i.e. we expect no new major addition of new features except expansion of esql.
- 1. a compiler, which covers flat arrays but excludes the execute function, is now available.
see Compiler User's Guide for details in Documents.
- 2. dictionaries, tables, tables with primary key and foreign keys are introduced.
- 3. a basic set of SQL-like statements called esql is introduced for querying tables.
- 4. highlight in Notepad++, add some key words, such as "key","value","meta" and etc.
- highlight in Notepad++ (download)
- join Google groups discussions for ELI
(2013.01.28) ELI version 0.1a is now released with the following changes:
- a command line based Linux and a Mac OS version of ELI are now available.
see Linux/Mac configuration note and Primer sect.4.1-2.
- *.etf files have been eliminated; there are now only *.esf ELI script files and *.eli ELI workspace files, see Primer sect.4.2.
- non name symbols are now allowed such as `+ `>=.
(2012.12.12) ELI version 0.1 is now released with the following changes/additions (for details see the revised Primer)
- each operator (") on lists
- primitve function symbol change (old in paratheses): execute !.(&.);
reverse/rotate along 1st axis $.($)
- new monadic primitive functions:
unique =; raze ,.;
partition count ||
new dyadic primitive function: partition ||
- new list display (with a < in front of each item)
- one can type in short function form in a seesion
- inside control structure's for-statement and while-statement: break,continue are allowed with the same meaning as in C
with this release ELI is stablized, i.e. we expect no new change of symbols or major addition of new primitives.
(2012.04.18) ELI 0.03 is now released
- complex numbers are now included in numeric types ( 2j3 represents the complex number whose real part is 2 and imaginary part is 3 )
- 6 tempory types including date (2012.04.16), time (23:11:12) and datetime (2012.04.16T23:11:12),
have been introduced to handle date time more naturally.
- a link to Excel has been implemented to offer a convenient way for importing and exporting data from the popular spreadsheets. [pdf]
- the range of the left argument to the circle functions has been extended from [-8, 8] to [-12, 12), and they also take care of complex number arguments on the right.
(2012.03.27) ELI Version 0.02e (Win32) is now available for download
- it supports Windows7/XP/Vista, 32-bit & 64-bit
- the workspace facility is improved
- several bugs are fixed
- several typos in the Primer have been corrected
(2011-11-18) ELI 0.02c(win32) is released.
- The difference compared with earlier version is that it has a change of ASCII-character representation of ELI symbols, see posted note for details.
(2011-10-01) ELI 0.02b(win32) is released.
- Compared with earlier version, it has the enclose function <. For constructing one item list and catenate, drop, take and a special reshape on lists.
(2011-08-16) ELI_0.02(win32) is now released.
Compared with ELI_0.01a it has:
The latest Primer can be found in the document page (2011-08-16) as well as from the draw down of the Help button on top right of the ELI interpreter window.
- the symbol for the not less function ~< has been changed to >= as that for not greater function ~> is changed to <=,
- the laminate function,
- the standard.esf script file has many new pre-defined functions,
- the symbol data type,
- the list data structure.
(2011-07-18) ELI_0.01a(win32) is now released.
Compared with ELI_0.01 it has the matrix inverse function, and a standard.esf script file containing many pre-defined functions.
The latest Primer can be found in the document page(2011-07-18) as well as from the draw down of the Help button on top right of
the ELI interpreter window.
(2011-06-05) ELI_0.01(win32) is released.
The latest primer can be found in document page.